Monday, October 15, 2007

Is it time for the doom of Buddhism in Burma?

Dear Members,
I am trying to find the answer and I don't have the intention of disparaging our Buddhism since I think I am a follower with a serious faith. I used to be a traditional Buddhist and recently I am tryingto explore the essence of Buddhism. I thought I did the right thing to believe in our Buddha's teaching.
Usually the starting point of Buddhism is to take refuge in three jewels, namely Buddha, Dhamma, and Sanghas, as everybody knows. Because we believe that by doing this we will be protected from some kind of unforeseeable misfortune. Right now our at least psychological protectors are facing perishment imposed by evil forces. So the inevitable question arises right now is are they really protecting us. Please don't accuse me of Deiti's because I am still deeply believe in our Buddha's teaching and thisis my own decision without anybody's influence and I won't regret bydoing this. But when and if this question arises from more than 50million population, what is the explanation?
We all know that there are five major sins in Buddhism, namely 'Pancanantariya Kamma' and if someone perpetrate one of those acts, he or she will have retribution right away. At this time and age, I am wondering why the punishment is delayed. Will it ever happen in our lifetime? If not then what we learned since we are young are questionable and become dubious. Because those evil, monk-killers are still on the throne and people are thinking of negotiation with those religionless for a better life but ?without the sasana. OurBuddha said, if you jump from a cliff, you will die only once. But if you don't know the dhamma your suffering will be endless in infinite lives. I still strongly believe in our Buddha teaching and I don't want to see our sasana easily disappear and is destroyed by those Deitis . Sanghas are assumed as the sons of Buddha, because they are the carriers of our sasana for more than 2500 years. With their great sacrifices and endless efforts, we can learn the precious teaching of our Buddha and can think of seeing Nirvana in our life time even without personally worshipping or refuging with a live Buddha. Needless to say the Sanghas right now come out for the suffering ofthe people at the same time sacrificing their lives, we should protect our sasana and our eternal benefactors. I would say it is the last battle and we should come out and do something for our religion. We need everybody's effort to bring down the evil regime since we see the evil forces are winning the battle. Everybody please actively participate in our activities before it is too late.
Regards,
Richard
ျမန္မာစာ ေရးသားရန္

No comments: